- How refugees are helping Amsterdam become one of the first circular cities, positive.news (Jul 18, 2023)
- Amsterdam’s floating eco-community is a model for modern living, positive.news (Jun 05, 2023)
- Velotopia (meaning a paradise for bike-riders) is currently being built in Amsterdam, the Ruhr in Germany and South Korea, The Daily Alternative (Feb 08, 2023)
Amsterdam ( AM-stər-dam, UK also AM-stər-DAM, Dutch: [ˌɑmstərˈdɑm] ; literally, "The Dam on the River Amstel") is the capital and most populous city of the Netherlands, with The Hague being the seat of government. It has a population of 921,402 within the city proper, 1,457,018 in the urban area and 2,480,394 in the metropolitan area. Located in the Dutch province of North Holland, Amsterdam is colloquially referred to as the "Venice of the North", for its large number of canals, now designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Networks and sustainability initiatives[edit | edit source]
- Amsterdam Donut Coalition, added 13:06, 8 February 2022 (UTC)
Environment quality[edit | edit source]
ClairCity, Eu project about air pollution and CO2 emissions in cities, putting the power in the hands of residents to determine the best local solutions.
Cycling activism[edit | edit source]
More video: Amsterdam bike ride on a sunny day
wikipedia:Cycling in Amsterdam: Amsterdam is the most bicycle-friendly capital city in the world. In Amsterdam, over 60% of trips are made by bike in the inner city and 38% of trips are made by bike overall in the greater city area. Though to people outside of the Netherlands, Amsterdam is considered one of most famous and important centres of bicycle culture worldwide, in contrast to other, smaller Dutch cities, Amsterdam is actually not at the top in terms of bike-friendliness. For instance, Amsterdam is not on the short-list for the Fietsstad 2014 (BikeCity 2014) awards, announced by the Dutch Fietsersbond (Cyclists' Union). The cities of The Hague, Eindhoven and Almere are on this list for 2014 while the Netherlands' most bicycle-friendly city of Groningen won the award back in 2001.
Food activism[edit | edit source]
Reduce, reuse, repair and recycle[edit | edit source]
- United Repair Centre, "high-quality clothing repair services, extending the life cycle of clothing items as we strive to create positive environmental impact. At the same time, we create local employment opportunities by providing training and employment opportunities to newcomers with refugee backgrounds, young adults and other job seekers with a distance to the labour market." added 15:15, 22 July 2023 (UTC)
Sharing[edit | edit source]
Amsterdam sharing city, iamsterdam.com (date not found)
Resources[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Other resources[edit | edit source]
Past events[edit | edit source]
September 14 Amsterdam Solar Boat Parade
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]