We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
The purpose of this page is to discuss comments/concerns about implementing infoboxes on Appropedia pages.
Comments & Concerns
- "Backpack" Snap-fit Clips
- EDITS: shortened description, added keywords, added status
- TO-DO: delete duplicate description
- 2 Liter Winnower
- EDITS: added status, added keywords, updated intended use, changed to not made (did not find evidence of model/prototype, just design)
- 3-D printable open source dual axis gimbal system for optoelectronic measurements
- EDITS: changed description, added keywords to inbox
- CONCERN: should status be "verified" or "verified technology" (or something else)
- 3-D printable photovoltaic module spacer
- EDITS: added status, added keywords, shortened description
- 3-D printable solar charger
- EDITS: added keywords, added status, added more SDGS
- CONCERN: intended use --> development and industry work but this could be used at home as well (not really hobbyism though)--> added "individual use" (open to changing--> maybe personal device?)
- 3-D Printing Solar Photovoltaic Racking in Developing World
- EDITS: added status, shortened description, added to intended use
- 3D Print Speculum
- EDITS: added status, shortened description, added to intended use, added keywords
- 3D Printable Cider Press
- EDITS: added status, changed description, changed intended use, added keywords, changed to 'made'
To expedite editing, I will no longer list simple edits made, only concerns...
- Bike rack
- Concern: this page does not have any design files, images, or design descriptions, so I listed the project status as an "Idea" rather than "Design" (no evidence of a design)
- Clamps with gearing system
- Concern: I removed the verified status due to lack of evidence
- Dust Mask
- Concern: This page has the following status levels listed: designed, prototyped, deployed, modeled, verified. I do not see evidence of anything past prototyped, so I removed deployed and verified. (Open to changing this back).
- GPS Belt Clip, Improved GPS Belt Clip, Ice Scraper, Modified Spork Design, Open sustainability
- Concern: Unsure if any SDGs relate
- Micro Lathe
- I removed verified status.
- Minnow Trap
- Design files not present/ no evidence of a prototype. There is a CAD image, but no file. I removed prototype status and listed as open design; however, should I change to idea?
- Micro Lathe
- There are two pages from the same creator; I edited the one with more information... should we delete the other?
- Resolved: Similar to the modular hand held arm pages (discussed below), I included a link to the more complete design in the preliminary design's description
- Modular Coral Regrowth Post
- All of the image/file links are broken :/
- Can we contact creator? Seems like a very interesting and important design!
- For now, I do not have a development stage listed.
- Modular hand held arm with "Backsaver" grip attachment and "Leaf Claws" & Modular hand held arm with "Backsaver" grip attachment"
- I believe the latter was a preliminary version of the former... same creator and same description; however, the first page includes design files, images, and more info
- On the preliminary page, I included a link to the more complete page in the description. I filled in the other categories to be the same as the more complete page, but perhaps I should have left them blank?
- Spoon Fork Knife
- I find the wording used to be prejudiced of developing countries. Not all developing countries only eat with their hands.
- Starter Handle
- Design files/prototype pictures are not included, so I'm giving "idea" status
- I have focused on editing/adding to description, intended use, keywords, development stage, made, and SDGs.
- Intended uses that I added: agriculture, transportation, medical, shelter, energy, cooking
- It is helpful to have a concise description
- should be an edited down version of the abstract rather than the entire abstract
- There should be proof of prototype existence (ie photo of print) to be given prototype status
- There should be proof of outside verification and/or data from creator's tests to be given verified status
- To clarify, this means that someone other than the creator made the technology using the creator's design
- Most of the pages have been incorrect
- We should consider adding definition on form page.
- SDG category
- I noticed there was a change in the form-- you can now select goals from drop down menu (ie "SDG01")
- Prior to this, I had been writing goals in longhand (ie "Sustainable Development Goal 1")
- Will this be an issue in distinguishing all of the projects that fall under specific goals?
- Issue tested: The SDG09 category does not add to the Sustainable Development Goal 9 project list; however, SDG11 adds to the Sustainable Development Goal 11 project list