We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Snowmobile Pull Start Handle
Project developed by Austin Howland
- The snowmobile pull starter handle is appropriate for OSAT due to some peoples ability to access various snowmobile parts around the world. It fills the need for people to have to travel to a dealership or OEM dealer and could print the handle, cheaply and at their own convenience.
- compleated print picture...
Bill of Materials
- 3D Printer Filament
- New snowmobile pull cord (if needed) approx. $7.00 on ebay
- OpenSCAD file will be uploaded as soon as Appropedia fixes issues
- Upload and link to all STLs
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Printer Filament
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- The only necessary skills needed will be 1. Using a 3D Printer and 2. Knowing how to use OpenSCAD to fine tune handle if needed
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- To make changes to the part used the OpenSCAD file and adjust the dimentions.
- Slicing instructions
- Fill % = 75
- Shell Thickness = 1.5 mm
- Speed = 70 mm/sec
- Layer Height = .15 mm
- No supports needed
- Print time is approximately 5 hours and 41 minutes
- There is no assembly required
Common Problems and Solutions
May need a larger hole for pull start rope to pass through.
Cost of OSAT Snowmobile Starter Handle
*Filament needed: 97 g *At a cost of $22/kilogram of PLA the total cost is $2.13
*Total Savings $32.86 *The percentage of the cost savings is 93.9%