This type of clip is found on a variety of items, most commonly backpacks, and work well. However, I have found that if you break one, it is difficult to find a replacement, and are overpriced (typically $2-6 for 1 set!). Since it is made of plastic and only plastic, I wanted to make a parametric OpenSCAD design. There are many designs for there out already, however few provided source code and even fewer were scalable.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- Filament of your preferred color
- Design files as found here
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Exacto knife or similar product for removing support structures
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Print out the part. Be sure to generate supports for the print. Be prepared to spend time removing the the support structures.
- Print time: ~40 mins
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- 3D printed part: ~50 cents (depending on size)
- Commercial part: $2-$6
- Minimum cost savings of 75%