Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- 1 Me ...
- 2 ... and some stuff I've done
- 3 Older version of this page
- Lucas Gonzalez SC (dots not spaces, at gmail com)
- Twitter: @lucasgonzalez
- A lifetime in Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain), now I live in Scotland.
- Professional: MD (medical doctor), PhD, epidemiology in public health, flu surveillance (sentinel network, software), severe pandemic planning.
- Data science (300+ hours, not a unicorn, can work with others): http://github.com/LucasGSC
- Work in other areas: tools for cooperative and creative thinking (including mindmaps) where I translated 2000 pages into Spanish & taught 1000 teachers. Translations (including subtitles of videos, done cooperatively). Permaculture (including emergency permaculture). Music (guitar, composition, arrangement), see http://www.soundcloud.com/lucas-gs3 & Blog in English: http://imaginethecanaries.blogspot.com
- Lucas Gonzalez SC (puntos, no espacios, en gmail punto com)
- Tenerife, Canarias, España + Dumfreis, Escocia, Reino Unido
- Twitter: @imacan pero mejor @lucasgonzalez
- Bitácora: http://imagina-canarias.blogspot.com
... and some stuff I've done
Resilience, pandemics, Ebola
- PandemicFluGame is a new project. Let's see what it would look like!
- http://www.ResilienceMaps.org (link to plescamac.com was broken so now the files are hosted in resiliencemaps itself - good license!)
- Ebola is a broad view on how to use appropriate tech for Ebola, and Excubator is a specific concept to explore a different type of hazmat suit.
Canaripedia & Localpedia
- Localpedia (English): based on Canaripedia (Spanish), in turn based on No Island is an Island, written for The Future We Deserve (English). Helps collect questions and answers about basic resources in a given territory, to facilitate the generation of visions and projects which are based on data.
- Canaripedia: basada en Ninguna Isla es una Isla, escrita para El Futuro que Nos Merecemos. Intenta reunir preguntas y respuestas sobre recursos básicos en cada territorio concreto, para facilitar que generemos visiones y proyectos basados en datos. En inglés, en abstracto, como Localpedia.
Permaculture, Food etc
- Took Geoff Lawton's first online Permaculture Design Course. Can't tell a potato from an onion without help, but we can think stuff, and I'm looking into Emergency_permaculture which attempts to look at how to use permaculture in emergencies, either humanitarian or planetary.
- Global_Food_Swadeshi_Project looks at factors for food swadeshi. We'd then have to look at alternatives. Is part of both pandemic and permaculture
- Inventions: One_Sheet_Solar_Cooker / Cocina_Solar_Simple
Pieces for The Future We Deserve
For The FWD I wrote 3 pieces:
- My ideal panflu Pandemics happen and some are bad, so what do we do. Published work in in http://www.ResilienceMaps.org
- No island is an island Relative physical isolation gives some clues to standing on our feet while being part of the world. Core idea for Canaripedia and Localpedia.
- The onion and the satellite Health-care systems. Can be redesigned from first principles.
For Hexayurt I've done some scale models:
- Quaddome: https://vimeo.com/20684153 (link has links to @Gelada's work)
- H2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zLwsTljoY and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6oJyZzH0As
- H13 with halves moved around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ods3-nbm4kE
- Family of hexayurts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBltvDf3Jso
Also, helped with some how-tos:
- Camp Danger Hexayurt Hinge Technique: high quality videos for a smart refinement. Probably useful for many other light-panel hexayurt designs.
- Plywood: there's plywood everywhere. Harder to build than light-panel hexayurts, but maybe the panels are more widely available. A how-to is a must for this kind of hexayurt, so please help make a better documentation.
- H 13: The standard "classic" hexayurt uses 12 panels. One extra panel and you get 66% extra standing room. Can use "foldable" ideas if built with light panels.
- Pup_Hexayurt I contributed the image for the panel pictured on the side.
Finally, I translated Pais_Hexayurt, which is about Haiti but may also be applicable to other settings.
- Both text and videos. Videos, with procedure to help subtitle and create translations into many different languages.
- An example I'm proud of (but beware: income is logarithmic): https://www.amara.org/en/videos/BxDoaAHJnwTI/info/hans-roslings-200-countries-200-years-4-minutes-the-joy-of-stats-bbc-four/
- Includes: Edward de Bono (2000 pages), Walk for Water, Edgeryders, Hans Rosling, Open Source Ecology, etc.
- I'll eventually provide the links for each of those. For the time being, please try http://www.appropedia.org/User_talk:LucasG
Software (outside epidemiological work)
- Slides.bas was a piece of software I wrote to explain medicine, last-year examples to a first-year student. First written in applesoft, I ported it into ms-basic.
- I wrote a musical keyboard program in assembler for the 6502. Yes, that's the apple II.
- SOLE is a simple outline editor. Wants to be like Maxthink (only free, multiplatform and multilanguage) when it grows up.
Music and Videos
- Proud user and supporter of http://www.ardour.org
- http://soundcloud.com/lucasgs-3 (newer content, and also new recordings based on stuff I did ages ago)
- http://imacan.bandcamp.com (older content, downloads)
- WDLLL Cons: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrVSdt7J8F1ft-QgzDir9Pw
Older version of this page
http://www.appropedia.org/User_talk:LucasG has older version of this page, with some examples I have yet to port to this main page.