Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Great to see you back at Appropedia. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you, --Lonny 08:46, 27 June 2008 (PDT)
Thanks, Lonny. I've started being bold by cleaning up the standard welcome. ;-) LucasG 14:57, 27 June 2008 (PDT)
KnowHowNow Fair and Forum
Thanks for fixing the spelling of KnowHowNow Fair and Forum... sorry about that embarrassing oversight. The spelling is fixed on the front page now as well, and was already spelled correctly on Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks again, --Lonny 07:56, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
Hey LucasG, I noticed your entry at the solar still talk page, aswell as your plastic bottles-image I put down a suggestion at Talk:Solar_Still#Usable_commercial_solar_stills_.3F KVDP 09:47, 10 May 2010 (UTC)
OLD STUFF FOR CLEAN UP
Contact info and pages
- imagina dot canarias at gmail dot com
- Twitter: lucasgonzalez + imacan + canaripedia
Appropedia pages I'm interested in
The Future We Deserve
- No island is an island Relative physical isolation gives some clues to standing on our feet while being part of the world. Core idea for Canaripedia (see below).
- My ideal panflu Pandemics happen and some are bad, so what do we do. Work in progress, cos we're not there yet.
- The onion and the satellite Health-care systems.
How-tos may help someone out there:
- Camp Danger Hexayurt Hinge Technique: high quality videos for a smart refinement. Probably useful for many other light-panel hexayurt designs.
- Plywood: there's plywood everywhere. Harder to build than light-panel hexayurts, but maybe the panels are more widely available. A how-to is a must for this kind of hexayurt, so please help make a better documentation.
- H 13: The standard "classic" hexayurt uses 12 panels. One extra panel and you get 66% extra standing room. Can use "foldable" ideas if built with light panels. Hasn't been done with plywood so far, but it's only "half a roof" that needs to be designed, so it's probably doable.
- Canaripedia is based on No Island is an Island, written for The Future We Deserve
- It's an attempt to collect questions and answers regarding basic resources (water, food, energy ... both needs and production) so that there may be data-based visions and projects.
- If it works well it can be replicated for other territories.
- Asking for help.
- Global_Food_Swadeshi_Project Factors for food swadeshi. Then alternatives.
- Note to self: Eventually, I should read []
I'm extremely interested in facilitating massive translations of interesting material: text and video (subtitle and dubbing). Exciting recent work being done.
- Used http://piratepad.net/mCRNBbSGfl to cooperatively transcribe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo by http://twitter.com/HansRosling and place the subtitles into http://universalsubtitles.org/videos/BxDoaAHJnwTI/info/ where I did the Spanish translation and someone is doing the French. This was fast! LucasG 09:29, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- Vinay Gupta's work:
- The future of poverty by Vinay Gupta, which I translated into Spanish
- http://hexayurt.com/hexayurt_country/ Haiti VG http://www.appropedia.org/Pais_Hexayurt
- Open Farm Tech:
- walk for water video: http://imagina-canarias.blogspot.com/2009/04/caminando-por-agua.html
- walk for water manuals:
- Translations page?
- Infrapak page