This Stethoscope only requires some surgical tubing or similar airtight tubing and 3D printed parts.|
3D printing, stethoscope, medical equipment, cardiology|
|Project was made
Sustainable Development Goal 3, Sustainable Development Goal 8|
Project developed by [Bwbarker]
You can help Appropedia by contributing to the next step in this OSAT's status.
- The Stethoscope is one of the most basic medical tools. It allows a trained medical professional to diagnose issues with the heart and lungs. Stethoscopes come in a range of prices and quality, but all are breakable. This Stethoscope only requires some surgical tubing or similar airtight tubing and 3D printed parts.
Bill of Materials
- 3D printer
- STL and/or OpenScad files
- Surgical tubing
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Knife or scissors
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- No special skills needed to build, To use this device propertly takes some training.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- There are 7 seperate prints for this device listed below with there print times (depending on your printer and settings)
- Approximately 2 hours
- Y tubing joing
- Approximately 1/2 hour
- 2 small tubes
- Approximately 1 hour each
- Cross piece
- Approximately 3 hours
- 2 earpieces
- Approximately 4 hours each
- Assembly time depends on how much post-printing corrections you need to do. Some filing or sanding may be necessary for a great fit.
- Cut the tubing to desired length,
- About a 1.5 feet from the bell to the Y joint
- 2 at about 4 inches from the Y joint to the small straws
- 2 small tapered pieces to act as ear buds on the end of the long earpieces
- Simply fit the pieces together, I did not use any glue but that is an option.
Common Problems and Solutions
- For a really tight plastic on plastic fit, some sanding or filing will need to be done.
- Plastic at $25 per kilogram, 45 grams, $1.13
- Rubber tubing $2.30 per foot, 2 feet, $4.60
- Commercial Equivelent
- Savings between $2.26 and $69.27