Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Project developed by [Bwbarker]
- The Stethoscope is one of the most basic medical tools. It allows a trained medical professional to diagnose issues with the heart and lungs. Stethoscopes come in a range of prices and quality, but all are breakable. This Stethoscope only requires some surgical tubing or similar airtight tubing and 3D printed parts.
Bill of Materials
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Knife or scissors
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- No special skills needed to build, To use this device propertly takes some training.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- There are 7 seperate prints for this device listed below with there print times (depending on your printer and settings)
- Approximately 2 hours
- Y tubing joing
- Approximately 1/2 hour
- 2 small tubes
- Approximately 1 hour each
- Cross piece
- Approximately 3 hours
- 2 earpieces
- Approximately 4 hours each
- Assembly time depends on how much post-printing corrections you need to do. Some filing or sanding may be necessary for a great fit.
Common Problems and Solutions
- For a really tight plastic on plastic fit, some sanding or filing will need to be done.
- Plastic at $25 per kilogram, 45 grams, $1.13
- Rubber tubing $2.30 per foot, 2 feet, $4.60
- Commercial Equivelent
- Savings between $2.26 and $69.27