- ‘It’s a beautiful thing’: how one Paris district rediscovered conviviality, The Guardian (Jul 14, 2022) — It started with an organised ‘bonjour’. Now the ‘republic of good neighbours’ say they want to reclaim the streets
- Paris's standing Citizens Assembly has real teeth, shaping policy and laws - and is part of a quiet revolution, The Daily Alternative (Jul 04, 2022)
Paris is the capital and most populous city of France, with an estimated population of 2,175,601 residents as of 2018, in an area of more than 105 square kilometres (41 square miles).
The City of Paris is the centre and seat of government of the region and province of Île-de-France, or Paris Region, which has an estimated population of 12,174,880, or about 18 percent of the population of France as of 2017. W
Networks and sustainability initiatives[edit | edit source]
- Hyper Voisins on facebook.com (fr), added 14:46, 21 July 2022 (UTC)
Visions[edit | edit source]
Climate action[edit | edit source]
Environment quality[edit | edit source]
Airparif, non-profit accredited by the Ministry of Environment to monitor the air quality in Paris and in the Ile de France region (the capital city region).
Open spaces[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia:List of parks and gardens in Paris, Promenade plantée or the Coulée verte (French for green course) is a 4.7 km (2.9 mi) elevated linear park built on top of obsolete railway infrastructure in the 12th arrondissement. It was inaugurated in 1993.
Community involvement[edit | edit source]
www.budgetparticipatif.paris.fr/ - co-construisons-paris, «Madame la maire, j'ai une idée»
Community currencies activism[edit | edit source]
Cycling activism[edit | edit source]
Paris en Selle, L'association qui met du vélo dans Paris
Food activism[edit | edit source]
AgroCité, designed to introduce and support the dynamics of urban agriculture and provide support for the cultural and educational activities related to the R-URBAN project, currently emerging in the city of Colombes. The unit consists of three parts:
- an area for activities related to nature and agriculture
- an area for community gardening
- an 'AgroLab' specialising in experimenting with intensive organic agricultural production
Jardins partagés, Paris.fr - V'île Fertile
Reduce, reuse, repair and recycle[edit | edit source]
Sharing[edit | edit source]
Sustainable transport activism[edit | edit source]
Paris contains a much more contiguously walkable structure than both New York City and London
Urban sustainability[edit | edit source]
atelier d'architecture autogérée / studio for self-managed architecture (aaa) is a collective platform which conducts explorations, actions and research concerning urban mutations and cultural, social and political emerging practices in the contemporary city.
aaa acts through 'urban tactics', encouraging the participation of inhabitants at the self-management of disused urban spaces, overpassing contradictions and stereotypes by proposing nomad and reversible projectsf, initiating interstitial practices which explore the potential of contemporary city (in terms of population, mobility, temporality).
It is by micro-political acting that we want to participate in making the city more ecological and more democratic, to make the space of proximity less dependent on top-down processes and more accessible to its users. The 'self-managed architecture' is an architecture of relationships, processes and agencies of persons, desires, skills and know-hows. Such an architecture does not correspond to a liberal practice but asks for new forms of association and collaboration, based on exchange and reciprocity and involving all those interested (individuals, organizations, institutions), whatever is their scale.
Our architecture is at the same time political and poetic as it aims above all to 'create relationships between worlds'.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Video for community action[edit | edit source]
Citizens data initiative[edit | edit source]
Past events[edit | edit source]
September 27, A Day Without Cars in Paris!