Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Jellybox improvement based on 32. Changing the colour
open-source 3-D printing community's ability to innovate. Previous work on an algorithm protected 3-D printing materials. This page is part of a Open Source 3-D Printing class project to investigate 3-D printing concepts using TRIZ and is presented here as a defensive publication of prior art to help identify obvious 'inventions' for 3-D printing.
Examiners: The ideas on this page dated April 2017 were developed by university students with less than a semester of formal 3-D printing experience (or by an instructor in class) and thus should be considered unpatentable because of obviousness to any person skilled in the art of additive manufacturing.
Appropedians: This page is open edit. Please fee free to add ideas and sign them below with ~~~~ or to use any of the ideas to built better open-source 3-D printers.
- Changing the acrylic shell
- Adding a dual extruder
- changing the color scheme of the printer
- change the color of the wires
- change color of arduino
- change led lights
- use different color belts
- use a colored lubricant
- print the hot end in red
- print the non hot stuff in blue
- use red zip ties on hot end parts
- use blue zip ties on non-hot parts
- red zip ties on heated bed
- blue zip ties on normal bed
- leds change color when proximity is changed
- led light the printer when it's on, printing, idling
- change the color of the screen
- change the color of the bottom tape
- make the extruder white so if burnt you can see
- use all black so it represents my soul
- each wire is a different color so you can follow
- each wire is the same color so you can follow none of them
- colored holes on acrylic matching colored wires
- this end up arrow
- red colored letters that say "CAN BE MADE INTO A DUAL EXTRUDER"
- Multiple types of mixed filament coming out of one extruder head.
- Having multiple extruder heads for multiple types of material.
- One color filament that you can mix ink with.
- Printer that paints it.