Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
The following is a compilation of places and projects our travel interns have adventured to in order to record the diverse ways in which communities and the environment intersect, thus helping develop our awareness of the phrase "Appropriate Technology". Often those people dedicated to innovating appropriate technologies or living a life of service to society have no time for documenting their work, our travel interns search out these people in all corners of the globe to learn about tested and implemented solutions to the worlds problems. Travel interns record the mistakes, the successes, and give a context in which the appropriate technology works. To become a travel intern go to Appropedia:Travel internships for more info or check out below for past projects and places.
Travel Interns by place
Groups in Mexico
- Institute of Nature and Society of Oaxaca
- Permaculture Demonstration Center in San Andres Huayapam
- University of Benito Juarez
- Isla Urbana
- Sembradores Urbanos
- International Renewable Resources Institute-Mexico
- Sistema Biobolsa
- Laboratorio de Ajusco de Tecnologia Alternativa
- Semillero Romita
- Oaxaca Water Quality Forum