Assignment[edit | edit source]
- Identify scientific/engineering lab need on campus for a 3D printable substitute for existing or planned purchase
- Meet with users to determine exact needs/acquire funds/components for multipart equipment
- Design 3D printable components with OS CAD packages
- Open NIH 3DP account and post STL under the custom labware section, include all source files from OS CAD package, BOM, directions, explanation of what it is and a price estimate for a commercial equivalent (may also post on your Appropedia page)
- Print component and bring to class
- Add picture and link to NIH in gallery and "savings per replica" and a hyperlink to cost source on Appropedia below.
List of projects and people[edit | edit source]
- project name, ~~~~ to sign it
- Laser blocker stand, Alex.weitman , Alex Weitman. Created for: Grant Larsen
- Test tube rack (medium size), Hschabes , Haley Schabes. Created for: Brian Kamusinga.
- Test tube rack (large size), Ebumba , Emily Bumba. Created for: Brian Kamusinga.
- The Tower of Hanoi Model for Computer Science department, KirillKudaev, Kirill Kudaev. Created for: Tom Fuller.
- DSLR camera adapter for astronomy telescope, User:Thebcm27, Bjorn Mathisen. Created for: Steve Ward
- Optics Lab switch cover, Limitless285, Luke Shaw. Created for: Grant Larson
- Maple Tree Tap, Kentresting, Kent Heckel. Created for: John Loveseth
- LCD Display Backing, Megandersen, Meg Andersen, Created for: Brian Kamusinga
- Magnetic Circular Physics Instrument Slice, Rdbutler3, Robby Butler. Created for: Grant Larsen
- Battery cell holder for solar car Forest.andresen, Forest Andresen, made for John Broer
- Principia College Terrain Tomsmusts, Toms Musts, made for John Lovseth
- Footstop for longboard Cedartree, Cedar Brumm. Created for Cedar Brumm
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Add your image and hyperlink to the gallery below using the example format.
- OSH from 2017 ENGR242 Class
Battery module holder for solar car,, This would cost $108.13 from a custom fabrication house, which is where it would need to come from. https://www.shapeways.com/model/upload-and-buy/5950678
Maple Tree Tap,$3.80 per Spile with tubing and filter attached so not much cost savings here