We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
OSAT Pulley Assembly - EE 4777
Project developed by Lucas Wilder (talk) 17:20, 30 November 2014 (PST)
- This OSAT is a heavy-duty rope pulley that can be used to raise water from a well . This pulley can be customized to any desired size, and can be paired with multiples of itself to further increase mechanical advantage.
Bill of Materials
- The wheel and mount are designed to be printed in PLA or ABS, and the parts are customizable to any desired metric bolt size from M4 to M10.
- The parts can be customized here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:571542, and source files are also found here: http://libre3d.com/category/569/Hand-Tools/listings/801/OSAT-Pulley.html
- Total BOM: Printed mount, printed pulley wheel, 1 bolt for the shaft, 1 nut.
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- Ability to operate a 3D printer and Thingiverse Customizer.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- Assembly instructions with images can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/5Ilmk
- Print time estimate: ~4 hours, depending on the parameters entered.
- Assembly time estimate: 2 minutes
Common Problems and Solutions
- Did not experience any issues
- Fully customizable size: Priceless
- OSAT Total Cost: Printed parts ($1.86) + hardware($0.74) = $2.60
- Closest commercial equivalent: http://goo.gl/ClkS1T
- $8.90 savings and 77.4% savings
- web page: Appropedia Pulley Main Page, Available: http://www.appropedia.org/Pulley