About this device
|Keywords||, , , , , ,|
|Designed in||Michigan, USA|
|Cost||USD $ 2.60|
|Hardware||CC BY-SA 4.0|
This OSAT is a heavy-duty rope pulley that can be used to raise water from a well. This pulley can be customized to any desired size, and can be paired with multiples of itself to further increase mechanical advantage.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- The wheel and mount are designed to be printed in PLA or ABS, and the parts are customizable to any desired metric bolt size from M4 to M10.
- The parts can be customized here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:571542, and source files are also found here: http://libre3d.com/category/569/Hand-Tools/listings/801/OSAT-Pulley.html
- Total BOM: Printed mount, printed pulley wheel, 1 bolt for the shaft, 1 nut.
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and knowledge needed[edit | edit source]
- Ability to operate a 3D printer and Thingiverse Customizer.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Assembly instructions with images can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/5Ilmk
- Print time estimate: ~4 hours, depending on the parameters entered.
- Assembly time estimate: 2 minutes
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- Did not experience any issues
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Fully customizable size: Priceless
- OSAT Total Cost: Printed parts ($1.86) + hardware($0.74) = $2.60
- Closest commercial equivalent: http://goo.gl/ClkS1T
- $8.90 savings and 77.4% savings
References[edit | edit source]
- web page: Appropedia Pulley Main Page, Available: https://www.appropedia.org/Pulley