The Locally Delicious organization, now a small non-profit, re-directs proceeds from the book back into the community through grants. Funding has gone to many sustainable foods community projects related to education, small business development, and food access issues.
For more information, visit Locally Delicious Accomplishments.
The book[edit | edit source]
Locally Delicious: Recipes and Resources for Eating on the North Coast is a cookbook and resource guide to local foods, supporting the re-localization of the Northern California, Six Rivers Region food system. This book was published to much fanfare in 2009 (ISBN 978-0-615-31507-2). For more information, visit Locally Delicious, the book.
Lunchbox Envy[edit | edit source]
Students in Introduction to Design (Engr205), at Cal Poly Humboldt, worked with Locally Delicious to design, build, test and disseminate projects that support healthy lifestyles among youths grades 4th through 6th and their families. Building on the success of Locally Delicious' last cook book, they are creating a new cookbook, named Lunchbox Envy, created with and for youth, families and schools across the United States. The cookbook will be replete with supporting projects, such as the ones below.
How to write a cookbook for your bioregion[edit | edit source]
This is the How-To guide for Locally Delicious. Please contact us the authors/editors of Locally Delicious: Recipes and Resources for Eating on the North Coast at firstname.lastname@example.org for a more thorough discussion of our process, struggles, and recommendations for putting together this type of collaborative community project.
Pages in category "Locally Delicious"[edit | edit source]
- Confessions of a Reformed Big-Box Shopper
- Constraints to Becoming a Locavore
- Current State of Agriculture in the Six Rivers Region
- Digging In, Northern California
- Eating Locally on a Budget in the Six Rivers Region
- Engr205 Lunchbox Envy
- Food is Sacred
- Foraging, Fishing, and Hunting in the Six Rivers Region
- Gnometainer instructions
- Grow Your Own Food in the Six Rivers Region?
- Instructions for solar oven
- Locally Delicious - The book
- Locally Delicious foreword
- Locally Delicious garden addition for kids and adults
- Locally Delicious school garden
- Locally Delicious school solar oven
- Six Rivers Region food history from 1850
- The Industrial Food System Contributes to Obesity
- The Problems With CAFOs
- What is Local Food in the Six Rivers Region?
- Where to Buy Local Food in the Six Rivers Region
- Why I Changed The Way I Eat
- Why and How to Eat a More Plant-Based Diet
- Why is Eating Locally Important?