Locally Delicious - The Book[edit | edit source]
Locally Delicious: Recipes and Resources for Eating on the North Coast is a cookbook and resource guide to local foods, supporting the re-localization of the Northern California, Six Rivers Region food system. This book was published to much fanfare in 2009 (ISBN 978-0-615-31507-2). For more information, visit Locally Delicious, the book.
The Organization[edit | edit source]
The Locally Delicious organization, now a small non-profit, re-directs proceeds from the book back into the community through grants. Funding has gone to many sustainable foods community projects related to education, small business development, and food access issues.
For more information, visit Locally Delicious Accomplishments.
Create a Cookbook/Resource Guide For Your Bioregion[edit | edit source]
Locally Delicious was released in 2010 through Appropedia as an open source manual of one unique approach to re-localizing our food system. The organization hopes to encourage similar projects in other bioregions. You can find many chapters below, or see the Table of Contents.
Click here for a brief guide on How to write a cookbook like locally delicious for your bioregion.
Lunchbox Envy Projects[edit | edit source]
Tear the Roof offDry sliced apples in 18 hours of sunlight with this legless solar dehydrator The GnomeTainerModular, raised garden with integrated rain catchment that can be installed on a porch Catch and CookA solar oven capable of reaching 160°F in 20 minutes Solar Bowling OvenSolar oven kids can build and use on their own Wormland worm binScalable vermiculture system from free materials for kids Row BlenderRow yourself a smoothie with an exercise powered blender Sodhoppers' Solar DehydratorDurable food dehydrator for a school from a waste kitchen cabinet Interactive School GardenModular school garden design incorporating several different garden styles The Solar SwingSolar oven for a school reaching 200°F in 30 minutes School Worm BinWorm bin for a school built from a 55 gallon drum
- By Ann Anderson, Martha Haynes, Ann King, Carol Moné, Lauren Cohn-Sarabia and Suzanne Simpson
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Locally Delicious"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Locally Delicious foreword
- Locally Delicious garden addition for kids and adults
- Locally Delicious Kids Worm Bin
- Locally Delicious rowing machine blender for schools
- Locally Delicious school garden
- Locally Delicious school solar dehydrator
- Locally Delicious school solar dehydrator instructions
- Locally Delicious School Solar Oven
- Locally Delicious solar oven for kids
- Locally Delicious solar oven for kids with adults
- Locally Delicious Table of Contents
- Locally Delicious Worm Bin for School