Name: Phil Lucas
- Grew up in Andover MA, intrests include travelling, cooking, playing/ listening to music, snowboarding, fishing.
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- solar water heating
- greywater & rainwater treatment systems
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- involved with the Redwood Coast Energy Authority
- installed a photovoltaic system & solar hot water system, at the Arcata Educational Farm,
- LEED AP in Existing Buildings Operation and Management
- Work with Appropedia
Just a standard greeting to say "Welcome". When are you going out to AEF again? Have you tackled the fuse issue, or was that even an issue? --Steven M. 16:57, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Congratulations on your increased knowledge on LEED certification!
--Lonny 00:25, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
thank you for the welcome. For now, I'll be a rather infrequent guest here. Also, I'm no expert on this Wiki markup language and the conventions on making pages, but perhaps in time I will learn better. Good to know y'all are here and doing important work!
Sepp--Sepp 09:56, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
Preparedness for emergencies[edit source]
Hey Phil, I noticed your Basic_Preparedness_for_Natural_Disasters. Although being prepared for natural disasters is offcourse a good thing, I think that the FEMA-method may not be the best one. I think that it's better to just design your entire house to operate autonomously, rather than just have some methods/preperation put in place to help you out in emergencies.
I nonetheless made an article describing the components of a mini survival kit (that can be carried along all the time). It has been deleted now, but the (information of the) old article I wrote can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mini_survival_kit&oldid=284304626 and http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mini_survival_kit&oldid=176240100 I also made a derivate version at http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Survival_wallet (the latter is more thought-trough, and specific, best when combined with other ideas (see extra articles under "more information")
KVDP 11:52, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
Your 2021 impact stats are right here![edit source]
Hi phil! We thought you may want know that your top performing pages so far are:
- AEF photovoltaic system/Troubleshooting (4 641 page views)
- The Problems With CAFOs (2 980 page views)
- CCAT PV system energy analysis (2 219 page views)
- Troubleshooting a PV System/Literature Review (2 168 page views)
- The Industrial Food System Contributes to Obesity (1 638 page views)
Overall, your impact has been of 19,378 page views, woozaa!
Also, your user page has received 457 visits! People are interested in knowing more about you, to tell the world what you've been up to.
Thanks for your contributions and for making Appropedia great, have a merry green Christmas!!