We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
This page documents Phil's duties with Appropedia through his directed study at Humboldt State University.
Phil's Job Description
- Porting web content (50%)
- Porting pdf content (25%)
- Categorizing, maintaining and greeting (15%)
- Finding content (10%) [towards end of work]
Tasks should include
- Working with spreadsheets
Work flow is being managed on Open Pario.
Greet new users using:
- make sure to say Welcome! in the summary.
Open, in new tabs, all talk pages (from Special:Log/newusers)on people that are all red, then paste the subst code and summarize with Welcome! See this welcoming matrix for some guidelines on greeting:
|Name||Talk||Contribs||Suggestion for Greeter|
|red||red||blue||Check contribution (block if spam; help if needed), then comment on their talk page. Then add standard greeting.|
|red||blue||red||Probably already greeted… feel free to check. If not a greeting, add one.|
|blue||red||red||Check name page, comment about it on their talk page and greet appropriately.|
|blue||red||blue||Check name page and contributions, comment on it and greet appropriately.|
- Add a personal note to your talk page (this talk page) that says something along the lines of "Hi, I am an Appropedia intern. Please feel free to leave me a question or comment by clicking the plus sign above."...
Thanks, --Lonny 01:21, 4 March 2010 (UTC)