Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
If you can help us with the technical needs here, please edit this page, leave a note via the talk page or even better, join our tech team. You can make a huge difference!
What's involved? As much time as you want to spare. A few hours per week or month would be fantastic.
- Our platforms are MediaWiki and to a lesser extent WordPress, both of which are coded in PHP. We are working on getting a number of extensions working (see the Tech workstream). This means researching, choosing possible solutions, installing them on the dev site and troubleshooting, as well as related server work.
- We do some work with Pywikipediabot, which uses Python scripts. See A:Bot tasks. There are sometimes some modifications we would like to make to the scripts.
- Smart phone apps for iPhone (Objective C and/or C++?) and Android (Java and/or C++?). We hope to have a mobile skin active soon, but an app for people to get in the Android Market or iPhone app store would be a big plus.
- Skin - we are working on a mobile skin and probably a new regular skin (or more precisely, User:Tahnok is working on them, mid-2011).
- An anti-vandal bot - adapt from from one of the ones used on Wikipedia. (This looks like a difficult job, though, and isn't one of our top priorities, so only if this is the only task that grabs your interest.)
- Navigation banner for visitors from partner sites. (Work in progress, mid-2011).