Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Lucas Gonzalez SC (dots not spaces, at gmail com)
- Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain + Sutherland, Scotland, UK
- Micro-CV: MD (medical doctor), PhD, epidemiology in public health, flu surveillance (sentinel network, software), severe pandemic planning, tools for cooperative and creative thinking (including mindmaps), translations (including subtitles of videos, done cooperatively), permaculture (including emergency permaculture), music as a deep hobby (guitar, composition, arrangement)
- Twitter: @lucasgonzalez
- Fav links: http://www.resiliencemaps.org (see my panflu work there), http://www.soundcloud.com/lucas-gs3
- Blog: http://imaginethecanaries.blogspot.com
- Lucas Gonzalez SC (puntos, no espacios, en gmail punto com)
- Tenerife, Canarias, España + Sutherland, Escocia, Reino Unido
- Twitter: @imacan
- Bitácora: http://imagina-canarias.blogspot.com
... and some stuff I've done
Canaripedia (español), Localpedia (English)
- Canaripedia: basada en Ninguna Isla es una Isla, escrita para El Futuro que Nos Merecemos. Intenta reunir preguntas y respuestas sobre recursos básicos en cada territorio concreto, para facilitar que generemos visiones y proyectos basados en datos. En inglés, en abstracto, como Localpedia.
- Localpedia: based on Canaripedia, in turn based on No Island is an Island, written for The Future We Deserve. Helps collect questions and answers about basic resources in a given territory, to facilitate the generation of visions and projects which are based on data.
Resilience, pandemics, Ebola
- http://www.ResilienceMaps.org (link to plescamac.com was broken so now the files are hosted in resiliencemaps itself - good license!)
- Ebola is a broad view on how to use appropriate tech for Ebola, and Excubator is a specific concept to explore a different type of hazmat suit.
Permaculture, Food etc
- Took Geoff Lawton's first online Permaculture Design Course. Can't tell a potato from an onion without help, but we can think stuff, and I'm looking into Emergency_permaculture which attempts to look at how to use permaculture in emergencies, either humanitarian or planetary. More stuff coming soon!
- Global_Food_Swadeshi_Project looks at factors for food swadeshi. We'd then have to look at alternatives.
- Invention: One_Sheet_Solar_Cooker / Cocina_Solar_Simple
For The FWD I wrote 3 pieces:
- No island is an island Relative physical isolation gives some clues to standing on our feet while being part of the world. Core idea for Canaripedia and Localpedia.
- My ideal panflu Pandemics happen and some are bad, so what do we do. Work in progress, cos we're not there yet. Some of that is in http://www.ResilienceMaps.org
- The onion and the satellite Health-care systems.
I've done some scale models:
- Quaddome: https://vimeo.com/20684153 (link has links to @Gelada's work)
- H2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zLwsTljoY and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6oJyZzH0As
- H13 with halves moved around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ods3-nbm4kE
- Family of hexayurts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBltvDf3Jso
For Hexayurt I've helped with some how-tos:
- Camp Danger Hexayurt Hinge Technique: high quality videos for a smart refinement. Probably useful for many other light-panel hexayurt designs.
- Plywood: there's plywood everywhere. Harder to build than light-panel hexayurts, but maybe the panels are more widely available. A how-to is a must for this kind of hexayurt, so please help make a better documentation.
- H 13: The standard "classic" hexayurt uses 12 panels. One extra panel and you get 66% extra standing room. Can use "foldable" ideas if built with light panels.
- Pup_Hexayurt I contributed the image for the panel pictured on the side.
- Both text and videos. Videos, with procedure to help subtitle and create translations into many different languages.
- An example I'm proud of (but beware: income is logarithmic): https://www.amara.org/en/videos/BxDoaAHJnwTI/info/hans-roslings-200-countries-200-years-4-minutes-the-joy-of-stats-bbc-four/
- Includes: Edward de Bono (2000 pages), Walk for Water, Edgeryders, Hans Rosling, Open Source Ecology, etc.
- I'll eventually provide the links for each of those. For the time being, please try http://www.appropedia.org/User_talk:LucasG
- Slides.bas was a piece of software I wrote to explain last-year examples to a first-year student. First written in applesoft, I ported it into ms-basic.
- I wrote a musical keyboard program in assembler for the 6502.
- SOLE is a simple outline editor. Wants to be like Maxthink (only free, multiplatform and multilanguage) when it grows up.
Music and Videos
- Proud user and supporter of http://www.ardour.org
- http://soundcloud.com/lucasgs-3 (newer content, and also new recordings based on stuff I did ages ago)
- http://imacan.bandcamp.com (older content, downloads)
- WDLLL Cons: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrVSdt7J8F1ft-QgzDir9Pw
Older version of this page
http://www.appropedia.org/User_talk:LucasG has older version of this page, with many of my interests and some examples I may have forgotten to port to this main page.