Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Wafer cleaning protocol:MOST
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
This protocol is for wafer cleaning. Wafer no matter made of silicon or sapphire should be cleaned to remove chemical residuals and other interface defects before deposition.
- 50ml empty beaker * 6
- stainless tweezers *2, Teflon wafer holders
- Thermometer(0-200C or above)
- Ultrasonic bath with heaters
- 69% HNO3 36% HCl, methanol, toluene, DI water
- Conduct procedure in ventilated fume hood.
- Work area must contain an eye wash and safety shower with unobstructed asscess
d.Personal protective equipment:
- Trionic gloves on top of nitrile gloves, apron, goggles, acid sleeves, and face-shield
a.Prepare the following solutions 30ml each in 200ml beaker
- 3.DI water
- 4.HNO3+HCl (1:3)
b.Procedures developed for cleaning
- 1.Toluene 100C 15min in ultrasonic bath
- 2.Methanol rinse
- 3.Methanol 100C 5min in ultrasonic bath
- 4.DI water rinse and N2 flow
- 5.68% HNO3 : 36% HCl = 1:3 130C 15min.
- 6.DI water rinse and N2 flow