|Description||This project is a hand shovel. It can also be scaled up easily into a normal shovel.|
|Intended use||agriculture, industry, development|
|Keywords||3D printing, shovel, hand tools, gardening|
|Project was made||Yes|
|SDG||Sustainable Development Goal 8|
Project developed by Zmalinow
This project is a hand shovel. It can also be scaled up easily into a normal shovel. This fulfills a need where people need a shovel or don't have normal access to the materials. People can also can use this if they feel that normal shoves aren't efficient enough. The design of the shovel is to be very wide to improve scoping efficiency.
Bill of Materials
Optionally, get the files from thingiverse. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:577651
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- A 2 part epoxy or other adhesive
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
Print at least one shovel and one handle. Handles fit together. It is recommended to print 2 handles to allow for a nice grip room.
The shovel can take 5+ hours to print. Each handle can take 1+ hour to print.
Expect assembly to take 1-2 hours depending on your adhesive.
- Step 1 - Remove any extra plastic from the printed holes.
- Step 2 - Glue pieces together
- Step 3 - Use your shovel
Common Problems and Solutions
- One common problem is making is inset hole to small for the handle. Make sure that you make the inset hole at least 1 mm bigger.
- Total build cost with 2 handles - $3.80
- $4.68 - $3.80 = $0.88