Garden water sprinkler
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Garden water sprinkler
|Description||This garden water sprinkler can be easily used to sprinkle water on a certain given region of garden by inserting a jet stream of water.|
|Keywords||, , ,|
|Replicated? Was this project made independently by someone other than the authors and without their guidance?|
|Countries of design|
|Estimated cost||USD $ 1.10|
|Sustainable Development Goals|
Title of the device or system[edit | edit source]
Garden water sprinkler [by Shyam Sanjeevi]
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been designed but not yet tested — use at your own risk.|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been prototyped.|
Abstract[edit | edit source]
- This garden water sprinkler can be easily used to sprinkle water on a certain given region of garden by inserting a jet stream of water.
- Picture of completed print using
- The same print can be scaled up and made big for large garden areas.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- Requires less than 50gm of PLA to print this in full scale, estimated cost is the cost of material only. Comes out to be 1.10$
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT[edit | edit source]
- Understanding of sprinkler system and basic designing skills using Openscad or Freecad
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Download the Openscad file or .stl file from the Thingiverse website.
- Load the file in Cura and scale it to required size according to use.
- This print needs support at some portions because it is hanging and may not form properly without support.
- Size of the entrance nozzle to be modified according to hose pipe and can be done easily by changing nozzle radius.
- Faster the hose pipe tightly onto the nozzle ensuring no leakage, and as the print is one piece there is no problem of it tearing apart or breaking down.
Link to Thingiverse with scad and stl files. [|http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1182839]]
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- The basic weight of the print is less to withstand the force of incoming water, some external installation to be used to keep in position.
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Easy to redesign and make required shape and size.
- 1.10$ for full scale of print.
References[edit | edit source]
- Some types of water sprinklers.