|Keywords||3D printing, , , , , Plastic|
|SDGs Sustainable Development Goals||SDG09 Industry innovation and infrastructure|
|License||CC BY-SA 3.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as BradleyLarson, Kathy Nativi, Fionaconnor (2018). "Customizable shovel handle". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-16.|
There was a request to design a customizable shovel handle. A previous student designed one years ago and I was not impressed with the design or that I was not able to customize it on thingiverse. I remade it with a different design and made the shaft diameter and the length of the grip variable. Printing a shovel handle is an easy way to ensure you are getting what you need and my design will make sure it is also comfortable in your hands.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- OS compatible 3D printer
- 2- M6X140 bolts
- 2- M6x1.0 standard nuts
- https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3263057%7C necessary files to download here
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- M6 screwdriver
Skills and knowledge needed[edit | edit source]
None! Just print and install!
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Provide directions for print/assembly - be detailed enough in your "how to" to ensure that someone could construct the device from your description. Consider the elegance of IKEA like instructions.
- Aprox. 9 hours for my printer at 40mm/s
- 15-20 minutes to assemble
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
Prints failing is the most common problem I have run across. Tighten any bolts, belts, and recalibrate if necessary.
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- If your solution is not a low cost one then it is not really appropriate.
- My print surface did not allow for me to print it on its side. so with my supports, it cost $3.12
- $8.08 is the cheapest on amazon before shipping
- You save at minimum, $5.00
Benefited Internet Communities[edit | edit source]
- The Garden Web Forums - 
- Tomatoville - 
- Terraforrums - 
- Gardenstew - 
- The British Cactus and Succulent Society - 
References[edit | edit source]
Designed by me with hand calculations. I did not use a standard or any regulations.