|Benefits of Solar PV for Michigan|
Joshua Pearce, Michigan Tech professor in materials science and engineering and electrical and computer engineering, reports on solar energy, giving examples from his Canadian experience.
How to get it done[edit | edit source]
- If you live in the Houghton area and get power from UPPCO this is the page you need to go to in order to fill out the paper work to get a net metered grid tied PV system; http://web.archive.org/web/20130116092125/http://www.uppco.com/environment/generation.aspx
Relevant Articles[edit | edit source]
- R. W. Andrews and J.M. Pearce “Prediction of energy effects on photovoltaic systems due to snowfall events", in: 2012 38th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC). Presented at the 2012 38th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), pp. 003386 –003391. open access
- Kadra Branker and Joshua M. Pearce, “Accelerating the Growth of Solar Photovoltaic Deployment with Peer to Peer Financing” Solar 2011: 40th American Solar Energy Society National Solar Conference Proceedings, pp. 713-720 (2011).
- K. Branker, M. J.M. Pathak, J. M. Pearce, “A Review of Solar Photovoltaic Levelized Cost of Electricity”, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 15, pp.4470-4482 (2011). open access
- K. Branker, E. Shackles, J. M. Pearce, “Peer-to-Peer Financing Mechanisms to Accelerate Renewable Energy Deployment” The Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment 1(2), pp. 138-155 (2011). open access
- K. Branker and J. M. Pearce, “Financial Return for Government Support of Large-Scale Thin-Film Solar Photovoltaic Manufacturing in Canada” Energy Policy 38, pp. 4291–4303 (2010). open access