Appropedia allows, welcomes and already hosts great amounts of original research. This is one of the main differences between Appropedia and Wikipedia.
While scientific rigor is encouraged, users are advised that articles are generally not peer reviewed. However, Appropedia has been shown to be a useful platform for open source research in sustainability.
External links[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia:Project:No original research - Wikipedia policy
- Wikiversity:Project:Original research - Wikiversity policy
- Wikibooks:Project:Original research - Wikibooks policy draft
- Wikipedia:Original research - Wikipedia article on original research
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Joshua M. Pearce, "Open Source Research in Sustainability", Sustainability: the Journal of Record, 5(4), pp. 238-243, 2012. DOI free and open access