|Keywords||, , , ,|
|Designed in||Michigan, United States|
|Hardware||CC BY-SA 4.0|
Dried nuts such as walnut are grown in countries like Brazil and India Predominantly. The farmers are usually small land owners with little to no requirement for machinery. For these small scale farmers, cracking walnut with hand crusher is a tedious task and to overcome the issues of ergonomics and usability, the following walnut cracker is designed.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- PLA filament- $2
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- PLA Filament
Skills and knowledge needed[edit | edit source]
- If you used special skill – link to relevant wikipedia or wikiversity articles/courses
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- From the above mentioned link of Youmagine,, Download all the STL files and print one of each stl file with infill of more than 30%.
- Time to assembly is less then 5 minutes
Steps to Construct[edit | edit source]
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- Weld the pegs shut at the ends by using a little heat so that they stay in place.
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Commercially available solution cost upwards of $60.
- The cost to print this device is $2
- Saves the user anywhere between $58 to $80 and hence this device costs only about 3% of the commercially available version
- commercial model