We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Project developed by Bharath Sadashivaiah (talk)
Vorderer mixer is ideal for mixing chemicals. It agitates the the liquid mixing it well. At slow speeds it can be used to agitate blood in test tubes so that they don't clog. This reduces the use of anticoagulants like glycerin.
Vortexing action provides vigorous mixing
- Ideal for mixing chemicals in laboratories.
- Variable speed and direction.
- Safe for cold room use
- PWM controller
- 12 V dc motor : 1
- 3 level switch
- 3D printer
- DC female pin
Items to 3D Print
All STL and scad files are available here
- quick remove gear fitting
- test tube holder
- Print all the parts mentioned above.
- fit the quick remove gear into the test tube holder.
- For the base, Insert the motor first and draw the wires out from the motor from the designated hole provided at the bottom of the base.
- Inset the PWN controller with the knob off and reattach the knob from outside.
- Insert the switch into place from outside and clip it into place. It should fit into place snuggly.
- connect the switch to the PWM control.
- Connect the input from the dc pin and output to the DC motor.
- Insert the DC pin from inside fit it so that it is snug.
- Thread the lid close and place the test tube holder on.
- Switch On and regulate the motor to desired speed.
- Filament - Approx $6
- PWM controller with switch $8
- Motor : $12
- Batter or adapter : $6
Total cost : $32
The commercial equivalent costs about $300 and can be found here. The 3d printed model has a screw mechanism and is used to tighten itself to a workbench/table. whereas commercial models use a heavy stone to keep them in place while rotating.
DC motor: DC motor available on Amazon
PWM controller with switch.: PWM controller available at Amazon