Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
|Picture of marcello.|
Marcello Guadagno is a senior Mechanical Engineering student with Minors in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and International Leadership at Michigan Tech. Marcello's interests and hobbies change with the wind but always fall within the domain of space.
Open Source 3D Printing Class
- Main Project: Lunar Regolith Printer
- Goal: Build a printer capable of printing using a plastic polymer + lunar regolith compound.
- Background: Humans must utilize the resources available to them on the moon if they are to permanently inhabit it. This printer will be the first in a line of open-source machines to aid in the development of sustainable lunar in-situ resource utilization efforts. The first iteration of our team's printer will demonstrate an affordable method of small-scale additive manufacturing that uses a plastic polymer mixed with a lunar regolith simulant (because real moon dust is very expensive).
- Collaborators: Jacob Loss
- Project Page: Stonehenge Project Page