We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
PH254 Introduction to Nanotechnology
|See also the PH254 category.|
for subtopics, how-tos, project pages, designs, organization pages and more.
Welcome to PH:254 -- Introduction to Nanotechnology at Clarion University of Pennsylvania.
In the article "Nanotechnology and the Developing World" Fabio Salamanca-Buentello, Deepa L. Persad, Erin B. Court, Douglas K. Martin, Abdallah S. Daar, and Peter A. Singer show that nanotechnology is an extremely powerful growing collection of tools that can be harnessed to address some of the world's most critical sustainable development problems.
Below find examples under progress
Please put your 3 nanotech ideas on the nanotechnology page -- and then list the concept you are going to expand on below with your signature tag:
SKM Nanotech Ideas
- Solar-powered UV lamp for water sterilization.
- Use of silicon nanowires in batteries to improve energy density.
- Use of nanodevices in DNA delivery, improving upon methods in somatic gene therapy and crop engineering.
JMR Nanotech Ideas
- Development of nanomachines with somatic gene recognition/modification potential.
- Use of nanocapsules in the delivery of drugs to specific cellular sites.
- The monitoring of cellular function through use of nanotubles and nanoparticles.
CAB Nanotech Ideas
- Nanoparticles for delivering chemotherapy drugs to cancers cells along with finding other diseased cells. --Chad Buerk
- Nanotechnology for reducing air pollution.
- Qdots for identifying and locating cancer cells.
JMP Nanotech Ideas
- OLED or an organic LEDs
- Nano rust and arsenic removal from water
- Nanotechnology and solar photovoltaic cells
KC Nanotech Ideas
- Removing contamination from soil
- Making catalyst use less energy and making less waste
- Using to make geothermal energy less expensive and more effective
CLM Nanotech Ideas
- Microfabrication: microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology fabrication and integrated circuit technology.
- Using microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology to create new high frequency circuits for Communications.
- microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology- MEMS accelerometers
CAS Nanotech Ideas
- Category Energy: Improving the efficiency and economical ability of the hydrogen fuel cell using Nanotechnology. Carbon nanotubes and the hydrogen fuel cell (rough draft)
- The use of nanoparticles in fertilizer to improve soil fertility in poor regions.
- Using nanoparticles as report platforms for cancer detection and treatment.
- Presentation idea. The hydro-car.