Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Obvious 3D printer technology based on 29. Use pneumatic or hydraulic systems
open-source 3-D printing community's ability to innovate. Previous work on an algorithm protected 3-D printing materials. This page is part of a MTU Open Source 3-D Printing class project to investigate 3-D printing concepts using TRIZ and is presented here as a defensive publication of prior art to help identify obvious 'inventions' for 3-D printing.
Examiners: The ideas on this page dated Dec 3, 2015 and Nov 29, 2016 were developed by university students with less than a semester of formal 3-D printing experience (or by an instructor in class) and thus should be considered unpatentable because of obviousness to any person skilled in the art of additive manufacturing.
Appropedians: This page is open edit. Please fee free to add ideas and sign them below with ~~~~ or to use any of the ideas to built better open-source 3-D printers.
Klbarie (talk) 06:51, 3 December 2015 (PST)
Pneumatic or hydraulic systems
- Use Air Bearings for Ultra Low Friction Bearing Surfaces Pnjensen (talk) 07:45, 1 December 2016 (PST)
- Use Hydraulic Linkages to Transfer Power to Moving Gantry to Reduce Gantry Weight Pnjensen (talk) 07:49, 1 December 2016 (PST)
- Use Soft Hydraulic or Pneumatic Actuators as a Delta Configuration Pnjensen (talk) 07:49, 1 December 2016 (PST)
- Extrude UV-Curing Epoxy and UV Expose using a long hydraulic tube and syringe pump to reduce extruder head weightPnjensen (talk) 07:51, 1 December 2016 (PST)
cylinders will replace hydraulics/pneumatics
- extrude plastic using cylinders
- cylinders to push completed print off bed
- Move large printheads (Build a house)
- Cylinders to level bed
- reduce vibrations from stepper motors
- Automated bed swapping
- Automated spool replacement
- Printer storage management
- print head swapping
- replace steppers with cylinders
- Extrude materials other than plastic
- Automated punching defense system
- Print hydraulic system
- cylinder mechanical limit switches
- Hydraulic emergency brakes
- Hydraulic rods as linear rods to extend print area