537203 10200233780717239 1115786895 n.jpg
  • Note: This page is a work in progress. Not all information and content has been uploaded. Please stay tuned.
    • For further information, please see my resume:

Bio[edit | edit source]

I am a sixth year student studying Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Manufacturing at Michigan Technological University. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2016. I am currently enrolled in the Open Source 3D Printing Class where I am learning how to build and manipulate my very own 3D printer as well as learn about the open source community as a whole. I am also involved in the Consumer Product Manufacturing Enterprise where we strive to exceed expectations of company sponsors, improve the lives of consumers through innovation giving us hands-on experience at identifying and solving real-world engineering problems by developing and applying technical, professional and entrepreneurial skills. Working with the Hops Dryer Development Team we aim to create an affordable solution to small scale hops farmers to create more high quality hops for the expanding craft brewing industry.

I have learned that every success and failure can be used as an opportunity to learn and better yourself, which I take advantage of as often as possible. I am always asking questions, and learning everything I can.

Professional Projects[edit | edit source]

PROFIL System Inc.: May 2016 - Present[edit | edit source]

PROFIL Logo.png

Tool Design Engineer[edit | edit source]

Consumer Product Manufacturing Enterprise: September 2013 - April 2016[edit | edit source]


Hops Dryer Development[edit | edit source]

NanoMAG[edit | edit source]

Magna Seating Systems May 2015 - August 2015[edit | edit source]


At Magna, as an Engineering Intern, I worked in the Advanced Engineering department to provide technical and engineering support for Core Product development.

Recliner Disc Analysis[edit | edit source]

Tyco Fire Protection Products: June 2014 - December 2014[edit | edit source]


At Tyco, as a Manufacturing Engineering Intern, I worked to improve production efficiency across the plant by designing and planning machine additions in coordination with the machine operators.

Powder Paint Line Loading Platform[edit | edit source]

My main focus at Tyco, was to assist in the implementation of a new overhead I-beam conveyor powder paint line. This line included an inline media blaster, two Wagner automatic paint booths, a manual paint booth, a prime oven, and a curing oven.

Specific projects include:

  • Developed a large standing platform for operators to work from.
  • Created material transfer fixtures to avoid interfering with the conveyor line.
  • Conducted FMEA on the line to identify potential failures and how they could be avoided.

Sheet Metal Stacker Automation[edit | edit source]

A large sheet metal blaster had a stacking system engineered by the company that manufactured the system. Unfortunately the cart that the plates stacked on became too heavy when fully loaded to move out of the guarding by hand as designed. Due to this, I was tasked with creating a solution.

After reading an old book on pneumatic design, I designed a pnuematic system that would extend and retract this cart, while purging all pressure when the lever is released. This added feature was a safety feature to ensure that if a forklift hit the cart when unloading the sheets, it would not damage the air cylinders.

Robotic Systems Enterprise: September 2010 – May 2013[edit | edit source]


Electronic Broomball Scoreboards[edit | edit source]

Local FIRST Robotics Teams Mentor[edit | edit source]

Team 3771[edit | edit source]
Team 4363[edit | edit source]

Personal Projects[edit | edit source]

Athena Delta 3D Printer Build[edit | edit source]

Athena 24V Round Heated Bed[edit | edit source]

1993 Jeep Cherokee XJ[edit | edit source]

Owning a vehicle that is as old as you has serious drawbacks. Especially when you live in Michigan. This has lead to a series of projects to upkeep and repair my Jeep.

New Floor Boards[edit | edit source]

Due to the harsh winters and salted roads of Michigan, the Jeep's floorboards were completely rusted out. Over the course of 3 weeks, I removed the interior, and cut out the rusted portions with an angle grinder. I then cut and folded sheet steel to fit into the large holes in my flooring. The replacement flooring was held in place by 1/8" stainless steel pop rivets, and sealed with adhesive caulk. Everything was then coated in a heavy dose of Rust-Oleum paint and Undercoating.

Rear Quarter Panel Rust Repair[edit | edit source]

New U-Joints[edit | edit source]

Front Bumper Repair[edit | edit source]

New Wheel Hub Bearings and Brakes[edit | edit source]

Supernatural Lamp[edit | edit source]

Gaming PC Build[edit | edit source]

Picture gallery[edit | edit source]

Klbarie (talk) 12:03, 28 January 2016 (PST)

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.