Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Motor force protocol
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
Force Testing Protocol:
Using an Instron 4206 Tensile Test Machine with a 10kN Load Cell
DOES NOT NEED CALIBRATION
- Set the raspberry pi to max current.
- Only put the plunger of the syringe in the pump, not the entire syringe.
- Place the pump, motor down, in a tensile strength tester. Set height of the load cell to be just above the pump.
- Then tell the pump to push past the top plate.
- Record the force given in Newtons.