|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as big john (2021). "Global village". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-21.|
The global village was Marshall McLuhan's term for what happens when everyone is connected to everyone else: you all become "locals".
In the context of this wiki, it means a return to a local ethos in an inter-connected world: a DIY version of community independence.
- Food Sovereignty: growing your own food, saving enough for the land
- Water Stewardship: having liquid essentials and keeping them available for animals
- Education: teaching and learning together
- Health and Healing: how to be healthy without artifice
- Right Livelihood : living without trampling on others or creating more karma
- Shelter: simpler, eco-friendly housing options
- Transportation: getting around without destroying community and planet
- Energy: using and converting available energy into sustainable, off-the-grid work
- Communications Freedom: being able to reach the masses and stay interconnected
- ...and when you're really ready to show your know-how, your own village Economy and currency.
Credit to the nodilus project for the major part of this list.