Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Filament print settings: MOST
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
Instruction for Page
- When adding 3D printing settings, please provide the ini file/printer type used. This is to allow easy importation of the print settings for users.
- Add images if necessary
- Add additional tips when using a given filament(so new users make less mistakes/save filiment)
Types of Filaments/Size
Operation & Procedure
PETG for Pringle's Delta/Franklin
- Cura Settings
- Having an fan on the print improves print quality
- Heated bed is not necessary
- Extra glue is needed for proper bed adhesion
- Filament tends to fall out of extruder as the print temp is reached, so extrude some(in Franklin works) before printing.
- Having high extrusion for the first 1-2 layers improves bed adhesion
- Increasing skirt length to 2-3 circles is beneficial for bed adhesion and a good first layer
- Secondary Resources
- Gizmo Dorks sells great quality PP filament(1.75mm has been tested)