|Cost||USD $ 3.59|
|Export to||Open Know How Manifest|
|Keywords||3D printing, , community, , , plastic|
|SDGs Sustainable Development Goals||SDG11 Sustainable cities and communities|
|License||CC BY-SA 3.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Macabe, Kathy Nativi (2016). "Community Comment Box". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-19.|
This OSAT prototype is a community comment box where members can drop in comments that can not be removed other than by removing the lock from the back. This fulfills the need for communities to provide a location for honest feedback that can not be tampered with.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- BOM for this project includes:
- PLA (This revision printed in white, Hatchbox PLA)
- Lock of choice to lock box closed
- Link to all source files from open source CAD:
- Link to all STLs:
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and knowledge needed[edit | edit source]
- No special skills are needed
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- First print both lower box and lid portions of the drop box.
- Print speed: 100 mm/s
- Infill: 10%
- Layer height: 0.2 mm
- Temp: 205 degree Celsius
- If support in the print was used, remove the support material so the lid can slide in.
- If no support material was used, simply slide the lid into the grooves and lock it via the holes on the back side.
- Estimated print time for the lower box portion is 7 hours. Estimated print time for the box lid is 2 hours.
- Assembly time is minimal. Simply slide the lid in the slot and lock the box.
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Estimated costs: $3.59
- Commercial equivalent: $11.15 
- $ savings: $7.56
- % savings: 68%