Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Community Comment Box
Locked Community Comment Drop Box
Project developed by mcbrand
- Picture of completed print seen to the right
This OSAT prototype is a community comment box where members can drop in comments that can not be removed other than by removing the lock from the back. This fulfills the need for communities to provide a location for honest feedback that can not be tampered with.
Bill of Materials
- BOM for this project includes:
- PLA (This revision printed in white, Hatchbox PLA)
- Lock of choice to lock box closed
- Link to all source files from open source CAD:
- Link to all STLs:
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- No special skills are needed
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- First print both lower box and lid portions of the drop box.
- Print speed: 100 mm/s
- Infill: 10%
- Layer height: 0.2 mm
- Temp: 205 degree Celsius
- If support in the print was used, remove the support material so the lid can slide in.
- If no support material was used, simply slide the lid into the grooves and lock it via the holes on the back side.
- Estimated print time for the lower box portion is 7 hours. Estimated print time for the box lid is 2 hours.
- Assembly time is minimal. Simply slide the lid in the slot and lock the box.
- Estimated costs: $3.59
- Commercial equivalent: $11.15 
- $ savings: $7.56
- % savings: 68%