We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Description||[[Has description::Preliminary design page for Micro Lathe]]|
|Keywords||3D printing, lathe, machinery, symmetric cutting, sanding, painting|
|Project was made||Yes|
|Date of publication|
|Countries of design|
|SDG||Sustainable Development Goal 9|
Created by FrankBeFay
- This OSAT is a Micro Lathe. While in Beta, it is nearly parametric in order to scale to the supplies on hand, and can be altered to meet the needs of the end user.
- A complete frame (Version 1) can be seen to the right
Bill of Materials
To Be Determined
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- There is no special skills needed to make this tool.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- If any changes to the design want to be done, open the FreeCAD file and adjust the parameters.
- Slicing instructions
- Fill % = 25
- Speed = 70 mm/sec
- Layer Height = .25 mm
- Support Needed for Cross Slide
- Print time with above settings will be 24+ hours
Common Problems and Solutions
... more about "Mirco Lathe"