New book - 'Building a Better World in Your Backyard' - on Kickstarter (sponsored friend)
It is planned to develop a comprehensive set of country guides on Appropedia. These will help to prepare and equip aid and development workers, both paid and voluntary, before and during their work, and act as a resource whenever needed.
Every "country guide" will include information on general issues of culture and preparation needs. Resources for aid and development workers is the starting point - perhaps a guide will simply point to this page, highlighting certain pages as essential reading.
Also some of these pages from Category:Culture and development will be important:
- Cultural exchange in international development
- Dignity of program participants
- Making and correcting mistakes
- Poverty, inequality and cruelty
- Rubber time
Depending on the intended project, some more specific pages will be useful:
Click a redlink to start the new page, or start a page on a different country that you know about. Just add whatever information will be useful.
- Cambodia Country Guide
- Haiti Country Guide
- India Country Guide
- Indonesia Country Guide
- Laos Country Guide
- Maldives Country Guide
- Mexico Country Guide
- Nepal Country Guide
- Papua New Guinea Country Guide
- Philippines Country Guide
- Timor Leste Country Guide
- Vietnam Country Guide
- Wikitravel - not tailored towards people who want to do international development, but an excellent resource none the less
- Background reading: The relevant Wikipedia pages for the country, region and city or cities you are going to, plus the languages, cultural groups and history.
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.