Welcome to the Appropedia wiki. Please make yourself at home! If you need a general wiki-tutorial, see the main help page (or the more in-depth one on WikiEducator).
Check your preferences and be sure you verify your email address and turn on email notification if you'd like it -- you can find out when your talk page, or any page on your watchlist, is modified. You may want to upload a photo or information about yourself to your userpage (which is at https://www.appropedia.org/User:Brunov25).
If you have a particular interest or project in mind, go ahead and start it! If you have questions or suggestions, the best place to leave them is at our community discussion page, which we call the Village pump - you should get a fast response. Or, feel free to leave me a note on my talk page if you have further questions, need help finding your way around, have a cool idea for a project, or just want to chat.
Glad to have you here!
Thanks for your contributions - hope you enjoy being here. Do you mind if I ask how you found Appropedia, and came to start contributing? --Chriswaterguy 06:39, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
thanks for the welcome, Chris I found out about appropedia from the international permaculture mailing list --Brunov25
- Great to know - we've been hoping to have more permaculture people here. Hope you like it here and stay around. --Chriswaterguy 07:11, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
Chris: I would like to understand how frequently appropedia does offsite backups (so all this work is not lost) and what is your disaster recovery plan ... I am ready to invest a lot of time into appropedia (for use in education settings) and I have mediawiki admin experience so your answer can be technical :-)
- Thanks Brunov - glad that someone else is concerned for Appropedia's long life too!
- I'm not sure of the schedule, but we do have automated backups by DreamHost, we do off-DreamHost backups, not as often, and also a dump is produced every week. I realize I don't always download it, and not sure if other people do... but it's at Appropedia:Current dump. We'd like to have a more satisfactory backup scheme, but not sure how we do that. User:Lonny will know more.
- We'd love to have help on our MediaWiki development too, btw. We're getting a dev site setup, and we have a bunch of questions at Appropedia:Site development/priorities - see if there's anything there that you'd be interested in helping with. Thanks! --Chriswaterguy 06:45, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- testing if saving works right now --Brunov25 01:40, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- It does, but not sure for how long. We are still working on it. Thanks, --Lonny 03:04, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
I just came across the page you started, Kitchen permaculture - great concept! Really appreciate your contributions. --Chriswaterguy 03:19, 16 February 2011 (PST)
Thanks for the encouragement, Chris :-) -- Brunov25 13:00, 16 February 2011 (PST)
The Great Re-Skilling[edit source]
I'm very interested in "Transition Towns: online courses as support for The Great Re-Skilling" - from your user page. Are they up and running? Are you still working on them? Would love to know more, and curious to know how Appropedia might help. --Chriswaterguy 06:07, 15 December 2011 (PST)
Although we don't have anything concrete to offer yet, the interest level for this sort of thing is skyrocketing and I am starting to find suitable partners with which to work on this project -- Brunov25 11:07, 20 December 2011 (PST)
Copyedit thanks[edit source]
Thank you for the copyedit at Portal:Medical Devices. A press release on that portal went out yesterday ( http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/20346-global-health-students-build-wiki-of-medical-devices-designed-for-low-income-countries) and I don't think I would have noticed that error in time.
Thanks, --Lonny 09:07, 20 April 2012 (PDT)
you are welcome :-) Brunov25 09:41, 20 April 2012 (PDT)
Broken URLs[edit source]
Just a note that the gdoc link added at https://www.appropedia.org/w/index.php?title=Community_Currencies&diff=prev&oldid=224657 leads me to a blank page.
--Lonny 16:08, 26 November 2012 (PST)
Thank you, Lonny: i adjusted the URL but it might be an invitation only google doc (requiring invitation from sharetribe's Antti) Brunov25 16:41, 26 November 2012 (PDT)
- Works now. :) --Lonny 16:29, 26 November 2012 (PST)
Your 2021 impact stats are right here![edit source]
Hi Bruno! We thought you may want know that your top performing pages so far are:
- Collective House (4 942 page views) Update!
- Dandelion (4 445 page views) Update!
- Bokashi Workshop (4 108 page views) Update!
- Bokashi anaerobic digestion (2 680 page views) Update!
- Community Currencies (2 275 page views) Update!
Overall, your impact has been of 22,626 page views, woozaa!
Also, your user page has received 170 visits! People are interested in knowing more about you, edit your user page to tell the world what you've been up to.
Thanks for your contributions and for making Appropedia great, have a merry green Christmas!!