Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Thanks for your contributions - hope you enjoy being here. Do you mind if I ask how you found Appropedia, and came to start contributing? --Chriswaterguy 06:39, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
thanks for the welcome, Chris I found out about appropedia from the international permaculture mailing list --Brunov25
- Great to know - we've been hoping to have more permaculture people here. Hope you like it here and stay around. --Chriswaterguy 07:11, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
Chris: I would like to understand how frequently appropedia does offsite backups (so all this work is not lost) and what is your disaster recovery plan ... I am ready to invest a lot of time into appropedia (for use in education settings) and I have mediawiki admin experience so your answer can be technical :-)
- Thanks Brunov - glad that someone else is concerned for Appropedia's long life too!
- I'm not sure of the schedule, but we do have automated backups by DreamHost, we do off-DreamHost backups, not as often, and also a dump is produced every week. I realize I don't always download it, and not sure if other people do... but it's at Appropedia:Current dump. We'd like to have a more satisfactory backup scheme, but not sure how we do that. User:Lonny will know more.
- We'd love to have help on our MediaWiki development too, btw. We're getting a dev site setup, and we have a bunch of questions at Appropedia:Site development/priorities - see if there's anything there that you'd be interested in helping with. Thanks! --Chriswaterguy 06:45, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- testing if saving works right now --Brunov25 01:40, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- It does, but not sure for how long. We are still working on it. Thanks, --Lonny 03:04, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the encouragement, Chris :-) -- Brunov25 13:00, 16 February 2011 (PST)
The Great Re-Skilling
I'm very interested in "Transition Towns: online courses as support for The Great Re-Skilling" - from your user page. Are they up and running? Are you still working on them? Would love to know more, and curious to know how Appropedia might help. --Chriswaterguy 06:07, 15 December 2011 (PST)
Although we don't have anything concrete to offer yet, the interest level for this sort of thing is skyrocketing and I am starting to find suitable partners with which to work on this project -- Brunov25 11:07, 20 December 2011 (PST)
Thank you for the copyedit at Portal:Medical Devices. A press release on that portal went out yesterday ( http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/20346-global-health-students-build-wiki-of-medical-devices-designed-for-low-income-countries) and I don't think I would have noticed that error in time.
Thanks, --Lonny 09:07, 20 April 2012 (PDT)
you are welcome :-) Brunov25 09:41, 20 April 2012 (PDT)
Just a note that the gdoc link added at http://www.appropedia.org/index.php?title=Community_Currencies&diff=prev&oldid=224657 leads me to a blank page.
--Lonny 16:08, 26 November 2012 (PST)
Thank you, Lonny: i adjusted the URL but it might be an invitation only google doc (requiring invitation from sharetribe's Antti) Brunov25 16:41, 26 November 2012 (PDT)
- Works now. :) --Lonny 16:29, 26 November 2012 (PST)