The dump is currently broken. If you have the skills to help out, please let us know.
The dump gives you the newest revision of each page, not the entire history.
New dumps are made weekly on Saturday night, at midnight.
The dump can be used:
- By the Pywikipedia bot, used by some editors. (See Category:Appropedia bots.)
- For offline browsing of Appropedia (if you can help with those instructions, please do).
- To export the data to another database
- As a snapshot backup (just in case...)
Making the dump[edit source]
For the reference of Appropedia tech people, making the dump involves these steps (to be filled in): The following runs by cron each Saturday:
cd /home/apropos/appropedia.org/approbackups /usr/local/php5/bin/php ../maintenance/dumpBackup.php --current | gzip > currentdump.xml.gz
- see meta:MediaWiki#Database dump for more ideas.
Media files[edit source]
We don't currently have a way to publicly share our backups of media files, but we'd like figure out how, and do it - possibly as an HTML dump. It's on our list of things-to-do. Help is welcome.
- The date of the latest dump could also be put in the filename, which would be handy... but we're not quite sure how to do this. If you like this idea, and know exactly how to do it, please leave a note on the talk page - thanks!