the new 'more' is 'less' , more-or-less
Random Permaculture Notes (not yet in formal part of this wiki)[edit | edit source]
Education[edit | edit source]
- Permaculture integrated into the school curriculum via moodle
- Transition Towns: online courses as support for The Great Re-Skilling
Zone 0 Permaculture[edit | edit source]
- Kitchen permaculture
- Recycling Mini-blinds: they make excellent garden plant markers (use grease pencil or china ink)
- Bokashi and Bokashi_Workshop and the use of Friendly Microbes (specifically for reducing garbage in schools)
- Creative Housing solutions for areas with extremely high real estate prices: Collective House
- Tiny Homes with Rocket Mass Heaters
Weed Permaculture[edit | edit source]
- Dandelion all year round (sprouting experiment)
- Bindweed aka morning gloryW can be removed permanently by using Paul Wheaton's method:
- Break your lawn into ten zones, numbered 1 to 10.
- One day, go an pull all the bindweed and thistle from zone 1.
- You might think that on the second day you will go and pull the bindweed and thistles from zone 2, but you would be wrong.
- Go and pull them from zone 1 again. It should go much faster because you did such a thorough job yesterday. THEN go to zone 2.
- On day three, pull the thistle and bindweed from zone 1, then zone 2 and then zone 3.
- the theory is that constantly pulling the bindweed and depriving it of photosynthesis exhausts it and makes it vulnerable to rot 
- Sunchoke Guild: sunchokes, ground nuts, and chinese artichoke.