Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Spoke Wrench and Tire Lever
Created by Paul StLouis
- This OSAT consists of a spoke wrench and tire lever pair. The spoke wrench is used to loosen and tighten spokes on bike wheels when trying to true a wheel. The tire lever and spoke wrench are an appropriate OSAT because bikes in developing areas are nearly always repaired or re-purposed if they are damaged. If the wheel of a bike becomes damaged there are people who repair or "true" the wheel. The tire levers are used to assist in the tire removal process while the spoke wrench is used to tighten or loosen spokes to help true the wheel back to its original state.
- The completed spoke wrench and tire levers can be seen on the right
Bill of Materials
- There are no other parts needed for this tool.
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- There is no special skills needed to make this tool.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- If any changes to the design want to be done, open the FreeCAD file and adjust the parameters.
- Slicing instructions for both the spoke wrench and tire levers
- Fill % = 60
- Speed = 70 mm/sec
- Layer Height = .10 mm
- No support needed.
- There is no assembly time
Common Problems and Solutions
No post processing is typically needed. The slots on the spoke wrench may shrink slightly during printing.
Cost of creating the spoke wrench
*Filament needed: 2337 mm *At a cost of $0.00007/mm the total cost is $0.16
*The savings are $8.04 *The percentage of the cost savings is 98.05%
Cost of creating the tire lever pair (2)
*Filament needed: 5588 mm *At a cost of $0.00007/mm the total cost is $0.38
*The savings are $4.10 *The percentage of the cost savings is 91.52%