Load Carrier for labour
|Keywords||, , , , ,|
|Cost||USD $ 13.5|
|Sustainable Development Goals|
Load Carrier for labour[edit | edit source]
Project developed by Dhwani
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been designed but not yet tested — use at your own risk.|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been prototyped.|
Abstract[edit | edit source]
In the undeveloped countries , there are large number in people who are engaged in labour work. They carry tonnes of weight everyday for wages. This project , has been designed to help such people. The load carrier is designed in such a way that the weight of is evenly distributed and the laborer would not get tired. It is 3 Way load carrier which functions as a trolley, as a overhead load carrier and also as a backpack.
- Load carrier for labour
- Overhead Load carrier :
- Load Carrier as a Trolley
- Load carrier as a Backpack
the STL files are available on " http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1184910 "
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- 8 "1 inch "PVC pipes( 1 feet each ): 0.5*8=4 $
- 2 "1 inch "PVC pipes( 2 feet each ):0.5*4=2 $
- 8 bolts: 1/4 inch diameter with approx 5 cm length: 30 cents x 3 = 0.9 $
- 8 Nuts that fit into those bolts: 17 cents x 3 = USD 0.51
- bearings( skate board bearings would work) :2*1.25=2.5 USD
- PLA filament: Approx 260 grams = 5.72 USD
The STL files and FreeCAD files for the parts can be found here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1184910
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT[edit | edit source]
- Knowledge of FreeCAD, Opensscad and Cura
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- To Assemble: -
- Download the part files provided above in the bill of materials
- Convert stl files to gcode using software like Cura
- Print all of the Parts
- Attach the bearings on the gear shaped parts. Then attach the gears to the connectors which have 8mm rods( there are only 2 of them).
- Connect the interlocking parts as seen in picture. Connect all L shaped parts at the joints.
- Connect the 4 Clamps with two holes and use nut and bolts to fit them.
- Connect the U shaped printed parts to the clamped portion.
- Total print time estimate: 10 hours
- Total assembly time estimate: 30 minutes
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- One must be careful of your printer radius and calibration as a couple of those parts only just fit into my Delta: check how thw first couple of layers print and shrink the models if needed (all be same amount)
- Sticking to the bed could be a common problem in case of such large prints: Use high quantities of washable glue on bed before printing
- Please use high infill for printed parts or they may not carry the required load
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Cost Estimate: USD 13.5$
- Equivalent products in market cost:Not available in market.
- Net savings achieved:
References[edit | edit source]
- For the inspiration of this design see: Quora " simplest yet amazing innovations page"