We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Laser dot welding : MOST
|By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
To achieve dots in Inkscape:
- Zoom into the grid so that you are pretty close, and the grid's squares are consistent.
- draw a line that is eight squares long (about equal to 1 cm)
- the laser welder's motors move it about this length before turning on the laser, and it turns it on for a very small length, yielding a dot.
-Motors in laser welder are very inconsistent, and sometimes the Inkscape document does not look like the actual welded pattern.
-Needs further investigation.
Important Check List:
- Do the patterns consistently work?
- Do your patterns match up in welder?
- Do your patterns line up consistently?