Method[edit | edit source]
To achieve dots in Inkscape:
- Zoom into the grid so that you are pretty close, and the grid's squares are consistent.
- draw a line that is eight squares long (about equal to 1 cm)
- the laser welder's motors move it about this length before turning on the laser, and it turns it on for a very small length, yielding a dot.
-Motors in laser welder are very inconsistent, and sometimes the Inkscape document does not look like the actual welded pattern.
-Needs further investigation.
Important Check List:
- Do the patterns consistently work?
- Do your patterns match up in welder?
- Do your patterns line up consistently?