- Make the 3D printer safer for children by blocking direct touch to the metal part of the extruder.
- A hollow, aluminum cylinder will fit right around the metal extruder.
- The cylinder should be aluminum since this metal conducts little heat.
- No part of the cylinder should directly touch the metal extruder.
- The aluminum cylinder should be just 1 mm higher than the end tip of the extruder.
- This is a very cheap solution that should interfere with the printing process, yet prevent young children from getting burnt.
Jacob Huss (talk) 08:33, 20 April 2018 (PDT)
Alan Freeman (talk) 08:33, 20 April 2018 (PDT)