Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Ingénieurs Assistance Internationale
Ingénieurs Assistance Internationale – Ingénieurs sans Frontières (Isf) is a Belgian NGO (a non-profit organisation) assisting developing areas of the world with their engineering needs and whose fundamental purpose is to adapt technological development to the needs of those living in underprivileged areas.
Founded on the initiative of a few engineers and with the support of the Associations of Schools for Engineers, IsF can count on the contribution of several hundred volunteers: engineers with varying qualifications and students willing to put their time and skills at the disposal of development projects.
Thanks to many contacts in both professional and associative environment, IsF can seek advice from engineers and technicians on specific problems in every sector of technology. All IsF work is done on a voluntary basis. If you wish to take an active part in the life of the organization, you can register here.
IsF, looking for the best synergies with other Belgian NGOs, has formed the CHAKA group with CODEART and ADG, both Belgian associations. IsF is also a member of the Federation of the French and German speaking NGOs of Belgium (ACODEV) and is approved by the General Directorate for International Cooperation of the Belgian Federal Government. (DGCI)
Isf is also a member of international EWB Engineers Without Borders
The questionnaires below enable non-technicians to identify correctly and precisely their resources and needs thereby allowing our engineers to plan a coherent project in a specific technical field. They are available on the isf download page
They allow anyone to raise the right questions and facilitate the communication between the recipients of the project and the technicians who will be in charge of its implementation.
- Questionnaire to identify an irrigation project correctly
- Questionnaire to identify a project for the production and/or distribution of electricity
- Questionnaire to facilitate the choice of radio communication equipment
- Questionnaire in view of installing a wind mill for water pumping
- Questionnaire to identify hydrogeological resources
These are available on the isf download page
- Guide for the manufacture of a bucket pump (reliabilty: tested)
- Guide for the manufacture of a plough for animal haulage (reliabilty: tested)
- Synthesis on artisan manufacture of soaps (soon available)
- Guide for the manufacture of peanut butter (reliability: prototype)
- Memorandum on the irrigation of the fields (reliability: prototype)
- Guide on the recycling of aluminium (fiabilité: proven)
- Guide on the recycling of plastic waste in developing countries (reliability: proven)
- Guide for the manufacutre of a wheelbarrow (reliability: tested)
- Guide for the manufacture of a rice peeling machine (reliabilty: tested)
- Guide for the manufacture of a hand corn mill (reliabilty: tested)
- Guide for the insulation against cold of traditional adobe constructions (reliabilty: prototype)
- Guide on parasismic protection of traditional ground constructions (reliabilty: prototype)
- Review of the different kinds of mills (in French)
- Seminar of November 7 2002 on the recycling of plastics within the framework of development projects
- Main office:
Rue d'Edimbourg 26 B-1050 Bruxelles Belgique
- Secundary office:
Boulevard de Waterloo 137, B-1000 Bruxelles, Belgique
Tel: +32(0)2 / 89.44.639 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Website: http://www.isf-iai.be/
(Based on information on the isf-iai website