Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Charcoal Holder Pen
Charcoal Holder Pen
This is a pen that will hold charcoal for an artist to use. From what I found in my research there aren't many holders out there for pens and of the pen holders they're usually about 77 dollars and are found online from specialty stores. This makes it very difficult for those in developing countries to have such a holder. This pen is apart of the OSAT movement because of this. I could see this pen being printed for students in art classes around the world, giving them the opportunity for mess free sketches.The pen will keep the canvas that they are using free from excess smudges where the charcoal would have made their hands messy. Having the charcoal in a well-protected space it will keep the canvas and the artist safe from the mess.
Bill of Materials
- Provide a full BOM -- Materials needed for fabrication of device and alternative materials if they are not available, prices/sources of non-printable parts
- Upload and link to all source files from open source CAD
- Upload and link to all STLs
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- Jellybox or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Charcoal: premade or otherwise
- A drill that can cut threading into an object at the desired size
- Or tape to hold the charcoal in place
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
How to make your own charcoal 
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- The print will take about 45 minutes
Common Problems and Solutions
- There are various types and sizes to each piece of charcoal. I suggest using a piece of tape to hold the top of the charcoal down if this problem occurs
- If your solution is not a low cost one then it is not really appropriate.
- Original product is about 77 dollars 
- Printing using filament that is roughly 22 dollars, you would have only spent .2 cents on this printing project
- You will save 77 dollars, this is virtually free
[[Category:How tos]] [[Category:Art]]