- This page describes a proposal.
Informal courses can be organized through P2PU (or possibly other platforms). It is proposed to run courses aimed particularly at the broader Appropedia community of contributors and readers.
Benefits of such courses would be:
- Learning in an open environment accessing a wide range of up-to-date resources
- Getting to know other community members and working closely with them.
- Creation of quality content directly on Appropedia. The course then becomes a service learning exercise - it has a positive impact, creating value for the world in addition to the learning that occurs.
Platform[edit | edit source]
- P2PU is intended specifically for this kind of learning. The organization also has its own audience and would work with Appropedia to cross-promote.
Integration with Appropedia[edit | edit source]
Assignments will be carried out (written research) or documented (for real world projects) on Appropedia, as with other Appropedia university programs.
Facilitators[edit | edit source]
Anyone can run a course with P2PU. However, either they should have relevant study and/or experience in the field, or be particularly skilled in facilitating other group members who do have this knowledge. Primarily the facilitator is a guide to the process, and all the participants do their own learning; however the ideal is to having a facilitator with their own substantial knowledge as well as openness to new perspectives.
Courses[edit | edit source]
Obvious examples might be:
- Principles of Appropriate Technology. (Relevant pages: Principles of appropriate technology)
- Principles of International Development - the essentials of being an effective aid or development worker. For those working or wanting to work in paid or volunteer positions. (Relevant pages: Principles of development)
- Permaculture Design. (Relevant pages: permaculture, Principles of permaculture)
- Climate Policy. (Relevant pages: [[Climate change, Measures to stop global warming)
- Your idea here
(Please add more)