About this device
|Designed in||United States|
|Cost||USD $ 2.00|
|Hardware||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been designed but not yet tested — use at your own risk.|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been prototyped.|
The project was offered from Dr. John Gershenson, part of his lab for measurements.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
Only plastics and 3D-printer needed.
Link to all source files
Link to all STLs
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and knowledge needed[edit | edit source]
- Basic measurement
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Print the top part and down part separately.
- Joint them by heater through the edge of each part.
- Printing time for each part is about 1.5 hours.
- Jointing time is about 15 min.
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- Carefully when using the heater, don't burn yourself :)
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Cost estimate: about 2 dollar
- Commercial equivalent: about 10 dollar because of the material.
- 8$ savings and 80% savings