Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Waffle gardens are a traditional agricultural practice of the Zuni people of the Southwest United States. Water is held in sunken square garden beds, laid out in a grid pattern. The recent revival of waffle gardening has incorporated modern elements such as drip irrigation. This practice is adapted to drylands.
- A:shiwi A:wan Museum waffle garden, 2002
- "Sowing Seeds of Zuni Tradition," Los Angeles Times, 2003
- "Irrigation secrets of the ancients," off-grid.net
- how-to - Kid's Garden Club
- how-to - Designscapes Colorado
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.