Tanya T. Garcia
About Me[edit | edit source]
I was born February 6, 1995, making me an Aquarius, also known as a "water bearer." The day I found this unoriginal fact out, I vowed I'd protect oceans, rivers and lakes all around the world, making the Zodiac one of the first influences on my decision to become an Environmental Resource Engineer.
I was born with the privilege of being from a city that is very environmental friendly: San Francisco, California. As a child I attended a charter school that contained children starting from kindergarten all the way to 8th grade, better known as a K-8. At my K-8, San Francisco Community School, I grew up with project based learning that almost always included nature or wild life. As a child I worked on projects such as gardening, composting and even building clay ovens which molded me as an environmentally conscious person. Soon these activities transmitted to my high school career at the Academy of Arts & Sciences (Academy). At the Academy I became involved in the Campus Sustainability Center (CSC), which was the only environmental group on campus. While being a part of CSC we had great accomplishments that changed the school forever.
Examples of this include and are not limited to;
☻Ordering recycling bins for every class room
☻Making schedules for club members to pick up and properly dispose of recycling
☻Writing letters to win Grants to fund activities
☻Educating students on Environmental Awareness
☻Building worm bins for compost
The biggest accomplishment I'd have to say was collaborating with ECO SF to create our flourishing school farm. There a variety of crops are grown all year that are used for fun things such as cooking pizza in the oven. The most fantastic part about the school farm is that we have CHICKENS!
Contact information in Santo Domingo[edit | edit source]
- Teléfono en Santo Domingo:
- Dirección en Santo Domingo: Calle Sanchez Socorro en Gazcue
Intereses en Tecnología Apropiada[edit | edit source]
- Estoy interesada en educando y ayudando comunidades reducir la cantidad de basura que producen. Por eso me entereza mucho el composting, especialmente en lugares que tienen muchas frutas y vegetales locales.
- Me encanta la jardinería y en el pasado e ayudado construir un jardin comestible. Educando la gente de la importancia de cultivando su propia comida le ase pensar en todas las químicas que se meten en sus cuerpos y le da motivación para cambiar sus dietas.
Experencia en Tecnología Apropiada[edit | edit source]
Interests in Engineering[edit | edit source]
- Renewable Energy
- River & Wetland Restoration
- Water Treatment
Experience in Engineering[edit | edit source]
- Engineering 115-Intro to Environmental Engineering @HSU
- Engineering 215-Intro to Design @HSU
Rube Goldberg Machine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ8AzZMY5bw&feature=youtu.be
Engineering Portfolio[edit | edit source]
- My design group, Team Seedling, created an edible landscape for Zane Middle School in Eureka, CA. This is the document we created while designing our edible landscape: Team Seedling
- This Gannt Chart made with Team Seedling shows an example of project planning software.
- This is a Sample Spreadsheet that examines the rise and decay of Carbon Dioxide in the library.
- This is a Sample Memo addressed to Instructor Radecsky about a field trip to the Arcata Waste Water Treatment Plant..
- This is a sample of an Auto CAD drawing.